Should You Be Considering Dental Implants?
Are you considering getting dental implants in Winter Springs or Winter Park Florida? Dental implants can be a great replacement for missing teeth, but are they right for you? Dental implants are designed to look and feel like your own teeth. This can help eliminate some of the problems with other solutions like dentures. If you are considering dental implants in Winter Springs, FL or Winter Park, FL, Central Florida Periodontics is the place for you to find the facts.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants replace the root of your tooth and are fused to the jaw. This means that other teeth do not need to be removed in order to make room. These implants are specifically designed to be a replacement for the missing tooth, and they fit in with your natural teeth.
- The implants improve the aesthetic of your smile in a way that other options might not be able to.
- You will never have to worry about the implant falling out or slipping out of place. Speech and eating are also improved when these issues are no longer a problem.
- You can rely on your implant to always be right where it is supposed to be.
Disadvantages of Dental Implants
- In some cases, getting dental implants can be a drawn-out process. There are several steps along the path to getting your implant, and it can take months for it to fully fuse to your jaw. In some cases, patients might need additional procedures to make the implant work.
- While it is rare, there can also be a slight risk of infection. This does not happen often, but you should be aware of the possibility.
- One of the largest disadvantages for customers thinking of getting dental implants is the cost. Dental implants can be expensive, even if they are covered by your insurance. While a lot of patients believe the cost to be worthwhile, it may not be for everyone.
There are a wide range of other procedures that our offices offer which might help improve your smile.
- Laser Periodontal Therapy: uses lights and ultrasonic instruments to remove bacteria, diseased tissue, and tartar so that gums can heal
- Scaling and Root Planing: a thorough treatment that removes plaque and tartar deposits beneath the gum line
- Bite Adjustment: involves reshaping, repositioning, replacing, or reconstructing to improve your bite and fight against possible gum disease
- Cosmetic Periodontal Surgery: procedures to cover unsightly, sensitive, or exposed root surfaces
If you have researched the pros and cons of dental implants and are ready to proceed or still aren’t sure, then you should contact us. We can answer any questions you may have about dental implants in Winter Park, FL and dental implants in Winter Springs, FL.